We currently have the following opportunities:
Associate Vice President, Executive Compensation
Associate Vice President
Reports to: SVP Executive Compensation
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an Associate Vice President in our Executive Compensation Consulting practice. In this role, you are refining and applying your knowledge of compensation design and implementation practices to deliver high quality and effective client solutions. You will lead projects with minimum direction from more experienced consultants and/or serve as a team member for larger, more complex client engagements. In this role, you will be primarily delivering billable client work but will support selling efforts and be a part of proposal teams.
- Interfacing and serving as a primary point of contact to clients throughout the course of an engagement
- Coordinating junior staff members on all compensation consulting projects, including methodology, data review and finalizing all reports/projects
- Providing in-house training and serving as a mentor to other team members
- Completing sophisticated analytical and project work; responsible for handling the most challenging/unique client assignments
- Develop summary reports including findings and recommendations
- Interface and co-deliver presentations to client
- Assist in overseeing key areas of research
- Assist in new business development activities (e.g., speeches, white papers, etc.)
What You Bring
- Ability to synthesize and communicate large amounts of data into key findings and identify related business issues
- Have an “eye for detail,” while not losing focus of the bigger picture
- Confidence to present and defend methodology / recommendations to C-level and Board of Directors audience
- Leadership experience in terms of mentoring or developing peers and/or junior team members
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex projects in fast-pace, loosely-structured and deadline-oriented environment
- A team player, but with the ability to work independently
- 7-10 years of compensation or related experience with external consulting experience required
- Executive compensation experience required
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics or other related areas
Share our values
You are our only client.
Take the time to get to know them. Understand their business. Appreciate their uniqueness. Own their worries. Advance their goals. Bring things to their attention and take things off their desk.
Yesterday was not good enough.
Celebrate successes, and then surpass them. See new possibilities. Bring new ideas to the table. Try something different. Push yourself.
Build higher together.
Contribute to the conversation. Break down silos and think across roles. Share responsibility. Build on your teammates’ experience, insight, and good work – and let others build on yours.
Turn gracefully on a dime.
Whether it’s change in the industry or an unexpected call from a client, master the art of responsiveness. Be proactive. Stay flexible. Manage expectations. Respond to changing conditions swiftly and strategically.
Nail every detail.
Uncover what others miss. Grasp the nuances. Prize accuracy and precision. Everything we do is a signal that says, “Nothing escapes us. We’re worthy of your trust.”
Reports to: SVP Executive Compensation and VP Broad-based Compensation
Here is an opportunity to become part of a dynamic organization that has been growing steadily throughout its 20 years. Accompass is an organization that provides consulting services in the areas of benefits, retirement, and compensation for companies across Canada and into the U.S.
Well known as a contributor to industry dialogue and thought leadership, our Compensation practice is growing and Accompass now seeks to hire a full-time Associate Consultant to assist with its growing block of business in both the Executive and Broad-based Compensation areas.
If you have the character and personality to work with a strong team of personable and successful individuals, and if you enjoy the challenges of this changing field, then Accompass’s environment will support and nurture your professional development and success.
In this role, you’ll be supporting the accomplishments of the Compensation practice:
- Conduct deep Excel-based analysis on large and complex data sets
- Data mining to produce findings and observations from data
- Preparing presentations and reports which summarize analysis and observations both graphically and non-graphically
- Liaise with clients and various external contacts for the gathering and validation of data
- Conduct research on current trends, best practice, and specific companies using publicly available data sources (proxies, publications, industry association websites) and specialized sources (e.g. Bloomberg)
- Actively participate in, and support senior consultants during client meetings, phone calls, and presentations
- Liaise with clients to gather and provide data and information in support of specific deliverables
- Develop knowledge of specific industries in order to contribute to industry deliverables and white papers
- Develop and maintain project plans for multiple projects
- Manage and deliver on small to mid-size projects, or portions of larger projects
- Support internal activities related to the marketing of Accompass and the Compensation practice
- Proactively present new ideas to improve efficiencies
- Support the consultants through involvement in preparation of prospect and client presentations
What You Bring
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Math or other related areas 2 to 5 years of related experienc
- A polished presence with strong oral and written communications skills
- Team player; however, able to work independently
- Diligent attention to detail, project management and the ability to interact with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Strong work ethic but willing to have fun
- Competent in Power Point and Word and extremely proficient in Excel