Accompass is proud to be a division and part of Arthur J. Gallagher.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Consultant in our Benefits & Health practice. In this role, you will provide technical and service support to small business and mid-sized clients across Canada. This position is in our Toronto office.
As an Associate Consultant, you will be responsible for, among other things, the following:
- Develop and maintain close relationships with clients and underwriters
- Review, analyze and prepare reporting for group renewals, proposals, financial statements, claim reviews, plan design analysis and other projects as required (i.e. mergers & acquisitions, plan member communication)
- Understand the various financial and provider arrangements offered in the marketplace
- Manage all aspects of the vendor marketing process including, but not limited to, preparation of market specifications, analysis or results, and implementation of services with chosen vendor
- Support the client manager in proactively marketing new products, services, and tools to existing clients to improve the value of their benefit investment or decrease service costs
- Work with clients and providers on day to day service, administration issues and general inquiries
- Provide product and process expertise
- Facilitate and lead employee education sessions
- Support the team and work with cross-functional teams to:
- Prepare for prospect meetings and presentations
- Assist in client specific responses to Requests for Proposals
- Attend prospect meetings
- Present with team at finalist meetings
- Represent Accompass, a division of Gallagher, externally in the market place
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, design and implementation of all Benefits and Health related initiatives
- Some travel will be required
What You Bring
- A polished presence with strong oral and written communication skills
- Post-secondary education
- Diligent attention to details, mathematical, analytical and project management skills
- Team player; however, able to work independently
- Ability to interact with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Flexibility, adaptability, quick thinking and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing client needs
- Solid understanding of Microsoft suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Prior group benefits experience is an asset
- Driver’s license in good standing
- Strong work ethic but willing to have fun
Please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com and include “Associate Consultant” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.