Accompass, a division of Gallagher Benefit Services (Canada) Group Inc. is an organization that provides consulting services in the areas of Compensation, Benefits & Health, and Investment & Retirement for companies across Canada and worldwide.
Our Compensation practice is growing and Accompass now seeks an experienced full-time Consultant to assist with its Executive Compensation related block of business.
If you have the character and personality to work with a strong team of personable and successful individuals, and if you enjoy the challenges of this changing field, then Accompass’s environment will support and nurture your professional development and success. Poised for ambitious growth, there has never been a better time to be part of the team.
We are looking for a business minded, unconventional thinker who comes to the table with creative solutions. Someone who does not shy away from a challenge, thinks innovatively, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. We are not your typical HR consultants – we like to think outside the box and push the envelope, ensuring we are the trusted partner that will ‘Nail Every Detail’ for our clients.
The current opportunity is best suited for a passionate professional with at least five years of experience, and an aspiration for career growth. The role offers a deep breadth of accountabilities and responsibilities, and the successful candidate will be a self-starter ready to roll up their sleeves and wear a variety of hats, with ambitions to build on a career in compensation spanning across both the executive and broad-based compensation practices.
What we will expect from you:
- Manage multiple projects including development and maintenance of project plans, allocation and review of work for analysts, keeping clients up to date on project status, etc.
- Manage and deliver on small to mid-size projects, or portions of larger projects
- Interface and serve as a primary point of contact leading client meetings, phone calls, and presentations to gather and provide data and information
- Partnering with senior colleagues to write and develop proposals and sales presentations on both executive and broad-based compensation.
- Data mining and deep Excel-based analysis on large and complex data sets to produce findings and observations from data including market benchmarking and analysis
- Prepare presentations and reports using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint which summarize analysis and observations both graphically and non-graphically
- Keep your eye on and stay ahead of market trends, ensuring we keep our clients informed and competitive. This will include research on industry trends using publicly available data sources (proxies, publications, industry association websites) and specialized sources (e.g. Capital IQ) to contribute to industry deliverables and white papers
- Support internal activities related to the marketing of Accompass and the Compensation practice
- Proactively present new ideas to improve efficiencies
What You Bring
What skills are important to be successful in this role?
- We look to hire creative thinkers who can execute a project from start to finish.
- We would love to see an individual who gets energy from serving customers and feels proud when they effectively provide them with solutions that fits their needs.
- Holds a deep understanding of the importance of professional business correspondence.
- People gravitate towards you, you have the ability to build strong relationships and rapport with colleagues and clients.
- You have the ability to lead and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
Do you have what it takes to be considered?
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Math or other related areas
- 5+ years of related experience, ideally in the consulting or financial services industry
- A strong understanding of Executive Total Reward Programs – equity vehicles, incentive designs, board governance, disclosure
- You have a natural curiosity for data and providing insights
- Has good technical writing expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing client needs.
- Team player; however, able to work independently
- Strong work ethic but willing to have fun
- Extremely proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com and include “Compensation Consultant” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.